Last week’s Enigma answers:
1. Happiness to the Global Ecosystem: Joy to the World
2. Small male percussionist: Little Drummer Boy
3. I am experiencing nocturnal visions of a colourless holiday: I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas
4. Festoon the corridors: Deck the Halls
5. A non-summer fairytale area: A Winter Wonderland
6. Oh holiday conifer: Oh Christmas Tree
7. Ten plus two twenty-four hour periods of holiday festivity: The Twelve Days of Christmas
8. Hey! tiny city in Israel: O Little Town of Bethlehem
9. In a remote location in a barn stall: Away in a Manger
This Week’s Enigma
1. CALLED, DAMAGE, FLYING, MODERN, RHYMES.
Which one of the following words belongs in the list above and why? BEAUTY, GADGET, PHRASE, STUDENT, TAILOR.
2. The seven people in this puzzle have a birthday today. Peter is twice as old as Gloria, who is three times older than Linda, who is five years younger than Tom, who is twice the age of Susan, who is twice the age of Jake, who is six years younger than John. Their combined aged is 100 years, so how old is each person?
In this puzzle, each letter represents a different number. Can you work out what number (0-9) each letter stands for? The leftmost letter cannot be zero in any word.